HWBOT Community Forums
Mr.Scott

Rule update for GPUPi

Can we get the required version updated in the rules please. :)

Currently I see 3 or 4 different versions being used in comps.

Valid for submission is currently: 3.1, 3.1.1 and 3.2.

2.3.4 and 3.0 is sadly not safe due to SR-2 timer issue.

K Matt I'll pm Fredrik for a rule change, till now if non SR-2 board the older versions are safe correct ?

Edited by Leeghoofd

I disabled them for submission to avoid that the mods have to go through too much trouble. But yeah, other than the bug with SR-2, reliability of GPUPI 2.3.4 is fine.

• Like 1

I'd like to propose a two updates for the rules of GPUPI:

• Verification screenshot requirements
    In my opinion we don't need that any more if hardware detection is used in GPUPI. Both tools often show wrong frequencies and can be easily cheated by a photoshopped version shown as desktop wallpaper. And they don't really add any extra information as far as I can see.
    I could implement it like this:
    => If hardware detection is enabled, the user decides if he/she wants to take a screenshot of the whole desktop (for competitions or extra GPU/CPU-Z windows) or only the benchmark window (if you have sensitive information on your desktop). All frequencies are sent to HWBOT and automatically filled in.
    => If hardware detection is disabled, the user will be notified to open GPU-Z (only for GPU results) and 2x CPU-Z (as usual) and it always takes a screenshot of the whole desktop. All frequencies have to be added manually to the result.
  • Allowed optimizations
    We could add the usage of any officially available CUDA and OpenCL driver here and that their files are not allowed to be manually altered (although I don't know of any cheat that works). It's currently not stated.

Please let me know what you think.

And another request: Please add the following new logo to the ranking pages (like http://hwbot.org/benchmark/gpupi_for_cpu_-_100m/).

GPUPI Logo.png

2 minutes ago, Splave said:

I like screen shots

+1 especially cause they're required in nearly every comp. I don't like the lack of requirement for a screenshot in other benches like XTU, and I don't think that we should bring it here.

• Like 2

Please keep valid screenshot as a requirement. If you would like to remove the functionality from the bench that is fine. Just leave it up to the bencher to do manually like all other benches.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure of the benefit of removing the need for screenshots.

Edit:

Agree with bigblock, I'm not bothered about gpupi taking the screenshot or not as doing it manually comes naturally as every other bench needs it, I forget to save a datafile far more often than forget to take a screenshot hah.

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 1

I rather have the wrapper take the screenshot, it is a nice feature for all and especially in LLC compos one can detect some user errors way more easily :P

Posted (edited)

Well, then that's settled. Screenshots it is! :)

Please change the logo though, @richba5tard

Thank you in advance!

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

Sigh, GPUPI has an internal clock check and is allowed for all systems on all windows versions... I have no idea why this was blocked

Posted (edited)

@_mat_

There's an issue with not allowing 2.3.4 anymore. Was benching 980ti and with older drivers 3.x wont work. Newer drivers have cold bug issues but work with 3.x. So we are stuck here... can bench properly with older drivers (cuda 8.) and 2.3.4 but cant submit.

Edited by Rauf