HWBOT Community Forums
mr. robot

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI X99 OC & GAMING Motherboards

Any special sauce required for running 3200? Going above 3067 I'm starting to drop channels. Locking RTL/IO-L vs. leaving them auto doesn't make a difference.

3200c12h2xws.png

No issues at 3000.

20150528-021140i3uz4.png

Edited by aerotracks

I had to fiddle with multiple sticks AND CPUs at times to get 3200C12 to work. You may want to save a 3200 profile, then clear CMOS and load the profile again. Also I've found the board sets SA voltage too high, you may want to manually dial it in.

Do you happen to be running LN2 Extreme or LN2 Normal mode?

If so, changing all the memory power settings (such as switching frequencies, OVP and whatever) back to Auto makes the board less likely to lose channels.

There's a slow mode jumper on the SLI Plus, but that's all the LN2 whistles I'm aware of. Never seen a LN2 setting in the BIOS.

Switching frequencies and that stuff is on Auto.

This one doesn't seem to have the Ring OC voltage settings, so I haven't been able to raise cache frequency.

Nevermind, looks like something is seriously wrong with that 5960x, good thing I got the tuning plan.

Is the Ring OC voltage stuff supposed to show up on the A10 BIOS? I've not yet checked out any of the test bios versions.

No Ring OC Voltage setting in any retail BIOS thus far. It's really only needed when one is attempting to overclock the cache when on a strap *other* than 100BCLK.

I had ring voltage on the X99A Xpower with A10 bios.. That is, if that's the one showing up as A.00 in cpu-z.

There is a link for TC8 and TCC in the first post. For retail chips it is same or better compared to TBB.

Hi ....

Possible to have the BIOS T.BB please ??

eaIAKq.png

There is a link for TC8 and TCC in the first post. For retail chips it is BETTER compared to TBB.

@Sam: corrected that for you!

@hawaks_street_mobo: T.BB is old BIOS that can help ES CPUs but TC7/TC8 are better for retail.

pEp|n0r@ng

First post updated: Pictures (finally) re-sized, X99A GODLIKE GAMING and more BIOS/Softwares added.

Also clarified which boards have MSI LGA 2036 Turbo Socket and the X99S vs X99A / AC vs ACK.

I'll update all results later. :)

Just got a godlike, trying to get 4000 ring booting but no go.

3500 works, but anything above that is a blank screen, have to clear bios and restart.

3500 is a great boost for memory, unfamiliar with this bios and how it works (adaptive, override etc).

Should be similar to the other X99A series.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo
info

so I just hit 1820 in CB R15 using 4.625Ghz CPU, 3.500Ghz Ring, 3.00Ghz RAM.

Plan on making this 24/7 setting.

Command center needs more abilities like ring ratio, and eufi similar layout, as well as proper volt readings and settings.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

so I just hit 1820 in CB R15 using 4.625Ghz CPU, 3.500Ghz Ring, 3.00Ghz RAM.

Plan on making this 24/7 setting.

Command center needs more abilities like ring ratio, and eufi similar layout, as well as proper volt readings and settings.

3.5 Ghz ring limit is like the limits of a mobo without the special 2011 socket(you should have the 'turbo' socket, since you used X99 GODLIKE).

What BIOS are you using? Do you see options like 'Ring OC Voltage 1' and 'Ring OC Voltage 2' on the BIOS Voltage option? If you don't see those options you might need different BIOS. I haven't got any chance to test the X99 Godlike though, so I don't know which BIOS to recommend (maybe test the T08 BIOS on the first post?)

But if you have those 'Ring OC Voltage' Options, you might want to set:

-CPU Ring Voltage: around 1.15 - 1.2V

-CPU Ring OC Voltage 2: around 1.4-1.45V.

That should give you 4 - 4.1 Ghz Ring relatively easy.

Hope that helped :)

Can you try the TBB BIOS? (download link sent in PM)

I tried TC7, TC8 and TCC on my board and the OC Voltages are simply not there. Might be something with the hardware configuration (like an ES CPU) that hides them away. (TBB is fine for me)

@Sam: He is using X99A GODLIKE GAMING, no TBB, TC7, TC8 or TCC for him. As Alva suggested, he needs to use T.08 that I uploaded in the first page of the thread, this will give access to extra voltage for Turbo Socket. :)

Also if you don't see Turbo Socket voltages in TC7 or TC8 with your X99A XPOWER AC you have a problem Sam... (TCC don't have them).

BTW, all the next mass production BIOS updates should include extra voltages for MSI LGA 2036 Turbo Socket from now on! ;)

I will wait for official release only.

What i have found on the Godlike is PCIE slot 2 & 3 act as 1 slot?

I tried installing a GT740 card in pcie2 and a titaniumHD card in slot 3 and only 3 TitaniumHD card was detected...

Also, why are the gfx cards backwards listed in nvidia control panel?

PCIE slot 1 and shown as being card number 3 .

Just doing some experimenting with 3-way sli on this Godlike board, seems pci latency of 128 - 192 works well for frame rate boost.

Can't get 4.6 stable, most likely need custom loop instead of AIO.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

I have alot of time at the moment so i can pick at the board.

Some suggestions.

1. Make an option to force any PCIe slot to a specific speed (from 16x to 1x)

This will be handy for the following reason.

Installing 3 high end gfx cards, 1 accessory card in last slot and an m.2 drive.

The optimal config would be 8x 8x 8x (GFX slots) 8x (last slot) 4x (M.2 slot)

That would be brilliant.

BTW, all the next mass production BIOS updates should include extra voltages for MSI LGA 2036 Turbo Socket from now on! ;)

Any estimate when a new official BIOS is coming? Is there a decent way to report boot issues with certain USB devices?