HWBOT Community Forums
mr. robot

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI X99 OC & GAMING Motherboards

125Mhz BClk will pump the volts up.

Revert to 100mhz BClk by setting ram to 2666 from DRAM Setting. Disable XMP.

Set ring ratio to auto.

Set CPU ratio to 40 to start with.

Set everything to auto on that OC page.

Thx to the reply, i've done what you suggest 3 month ago, i tryed a lot of setup with cpu and cache ratios, all stabe; for example i was stable on 4.4mhz core/3.8mhz cache with 1.187v core and 1.152v cache and all that you suggest on auto.. but this with 32 gb at 2133 mhz..

My fault now is on that cold start up every 10-11 boot... and also i've found some auto volts too high, but here i think is the mobo that give too much volt on bclk 125.. i think that if i will struggle with that fine voltage regulations (first reducing pch 1.05v to normal values) i will remain stable with more healthy values.. and also finding the resonsible of the start up random issues..

But now yeah, i've not the time and the will, so i decided to step back on bclk 100 (125 is possible to keep i think but too stressful for my heavy use purpose) with simple 4.3cpu 3.6/3.7 cache for having safe voltage values.. the only thing that annoy me is keeping the 3000 DDR4 with slower values than their targa values...

I'm wondering to buying a 3200 16x4 kit.. did i can expect a lot of struggle to keeping a bclk 100 with 64gb@3200?

Thanks anyway!

The Haswell-E memory controller isn't as good as Broadwell-E so i would just stick to 2666c14 on Haswell-E.

If you had a BW-E then better memory would give a boost.

Best to do some cache OC for Haswell but these latest bios updates are flaky.

The old 1.3 bios i was doing 4.5 cpu 4.0 ring 3200 mem on auto settings.

Thx i've decided to stay with strap 100.

Now i'm in 4300/3600 on my 5960X and memory at 2666.

But i've a new question:

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c15q-64gtzsw'>http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c15q-64gtzsw

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c15q-64gtz

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c15q-64gvr

That kits, will be good for my X99 system? (the second and the third are dual channel kits)

V1.8 Godlike gaming

When Haswell-E CPU Ratio over 37 and then system may become instable.

* 37 cpu or Ring? Running my cpu at 46 auto volts for everything and it's solid.

*What about 3200 memory not working.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

Finally i've bought a 16x4 tridenZ @3200 CL15 and the issues gone.. basically was the strap at 125 and the voltages that it require, such as pch, SA, VOCCIO etc..

Hi, Confused about this System unstable after CPU ratio over 37. Usually bios updates are suppose to fix things not make worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all well new to OC and not that i am looking to overclock but, my pc seemed as though something was not right so i started digging around here and in the bios and cpuid etc etc and what i found was that my cpu is stuck at 1.2ghz and its clock multiplier is stuck at x12.

Spec as follows

Mobo. MSI X99A Godlike gaming

CPU. I7 5930K

GPU. GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling. Predator 360

Ram. Corsair dominator 32gb

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb with OS Win10 64, Samsung 500g plus 3 Intel SSD 40g, 150g, 250g, no raid config.

Build date new from May 2016

Carried over from previous old PC was the power supply and all drives except for the 1tb samsung ssd.

Any appreciated as i have a headache now, i am new to this so be nice please and explain things in easy to understand little words lol.

Hello,

I have RMA'd my Godlike after it has twice killed a RAM stick.

It happens when it has not been switched on for more than 24 hours over a longer period of time.

When I started the PC and got a boot loop of 04.55.60 or something like that.

Bios was version 1.4.

So it doesn't happend only after bios updates, like some of you've experienced.

This is really bad.

After i got the CPU voltage error with the RVE i brought the godlike and this

is not better. The Quality od current MB seems do be a disaster.

Now i go with the RVE E10 and hope

that it will be getting better.

Hello,

I have RMA'd my Godlike after it has twice killed a RAM stick.

It happens when it has not been switched on for more than 24 hours over a longer period of time.

When I started the PC and got a boot loop of 04.55.60 or something like that.

Bios was version 1.4.

So it doesn't happend only after bios updates, like some of you've experienced.

This is really bad.

After i got the CPU voltage error with the RVE i brought the godlike and this

is not better. The Quality od current MB seems do be a disaster.

Now i go with the RVE E10 and hope

that it will be getting better.

You are not the only one. My original red MSI X99A Godlike has killed TWO of my RAM sticks. One 4GB Corsair Dominator and one 8GB G.Skill TridentZ sticks. Both were 3200Mhz sticks running stock voltage.

Hello, i installed a new cpu on my X99A Xpower Ac, i tested stability at 4ghz (fixed vcore) and im' stable at 1.15v. Now i'd like to use adaptive vcore in order to reduce vcore during low power demanding operations ( web surfing and office ) but if i set adaptive vcore and set 1,1 or 1,15v the real vcore (hwinfo reding) reach 1,259v. Is the adaptive voltage setting buggy or i've made some mistakes? Every other setting is on Auto.

Tnx for you help.

Edit: I've found the trick, with adaptive +/- offset voltage i should leae the vcore value at Auto and set only the desired offset but the question is: The vcore value for adaptive and adaptive + offset is useless?

Edited by Satanello